Sunday, November 29, 2015

Rescued 1910 Pabst Marriage Certificate- Minnesota

This Summer I was at an auction, and purchased this 1910 framed marriage certificate. I paid only $10 for it, hoping that I might be able to reunite it with a relative to treasure it.





The ink is beginning to fade, and doesn't show up super clearly in the photos-- it is for 

Herman R. Pabst & Louise Rademacher both of Ottawa, Minnesota who were married June 12, 1910



I did a little research on them, and Herman was born in Germany in 1880, the son of Frank & Caroline Pabst. The family lived in Le Sueur County, MN.  It seems that Herman & Louise had only 1 daughter- Beatrice (1920-1978) who  married Dr. Charles Elwood in 1939. They had 2 sons- Glenn (1942-1994) & another son in 1940, who is still living as far as I can tell.

Interestingly enough, I can in no way connect the estate auction I was at, to the Elwood family. Perhaps it became separated from the family after the death of Louise in 1972, or 6 years later when Beatrice passed away.

Ideally, it would be wonderful to find a genealogy minded descendant of Herman & Louise who would love & treasure this 105 year old family heirloom. But, if no one from their family can be found [or wants it]. maybe there are relatives of the Pabst or Rademacher family who would take & care for this family piece.

4 comments: