Sunday, August 4, 2013

Metamora & Pekin, Illinois... Mystery Photo Sunday...

Mystery Photo Sunday
I have such a large photo archive... of both relative & nonrelative photos... that I've decided to do a weekly spotlight of one the 'mystery photos' in my possession.
 
 
 
 
 
This photo was taken in the areas around Pekin & Metamora, Illinois... the man seated on the right front (not the groom) is William Weber... I assume that either the bride or groom is related somehow to the Weber or Krumholz families that lived in rural Woodford, Tazewell, and Peoria Counties.
 
Everyone in the photo, other than William is unknown to me... but I'd love to be able to ID the rest of these folks, who are likely relatives!

1 comment:

  1. my great great grandmother goldie weerts was born in Tazewell pekin Illinois hmmm small world :) goldie had 3 siblings two of which passed away by the time they were five and her surviving brother passed at 30 I think-they changed the spelling to werts I believe but as you know these are the hardest people to find info on-I was told to check Mormon records and goldies info is mostly under weerts-i had two genologists working on werts family project search for me and the realitives are mixed all through at least 50 different spellings and for some reason theres not a lot of info except in the ellis island ship records-hope it helps and it may turn out were related lol

    ReplyDelete