Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pope County Musuem.... Minnesota Research Resource


As a genealogist from Minnesota, I take great pride in the many resources our state has in place to aide researchers! Many, like the death index, are very well known, but many many others are not.
So I've decided to spotlight a few of the lesser known greats here, in hopes that I can connect someone with a tool they can use! Since Saturdays are good days to do genealogy (at least for us workingfolks), I decided to post these links then.
 
While you won't find much in the way of actual data (transcribed records, etc.), the Pope County Museum appears to be a very well organized and put together place! The website if full of information and will certain show you much of what they have to offer... And the blog is a fun, interactive way to be part of their local history and on goings!  I don't even have roots from that area, and I spent a lot time reading and clicking through their links! 
 
Pope County Museum
 
Pope County Museum -- Museum Musings
 
If you have any connection to Pope County, I suggest taking a look at both of these sites... You'll be happy you did!
 
Happy Hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment