Saturday, February 7, 2015

Red Lake County, MN~ Genealogy Resources



As a genealogist from Minnesota, I take great pride in the many resources our state has in place to aide researchers! Many, like the death index, are very well known, but many many others are not.


So I've decided to spotlight a few of the lesser known greats here, in hopes that I can connect someone with a tool they can use! Since Saturdays are good days to do genealogy (at least for us working folks), I decided to post these links then.

Red Lake County

Red Lake County Historical Society 
Lake Pleasant School House 
Rt. 1, Box 298 
Red Lake Falls, MN 56750 
Liaison: Ann Healy, 218/253-2833 
Hours: Open first Sunday of the month, June thru Labor Day


Red Lake Falls Public Library
105 Champagne Avenue SW
Red Lake Falls, MN 56750
Phone: (218) 253-2992
Email:redlake@northernlights.lib.nm.us



Of all the counties in Minnesota that I've researched, Red Lake County is the one I have found the least resources for. It is one of the smallest counties population wise in the state. 

Hopefully others out there are aware of historical resources and will share them here for others!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a nice view in your blog!

    This man is a mysterium for me! Long time searching, with no result. http://smulansblog.blogspot.se/2006/09/det-kom-ett-brev.html

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete