Thursday, January 26, 2017

TBT- Family of John & Beatrice Sturm

Spotlighting photos from my extensive photo archive
This week it is-

The family of John & Beatrice (Mapson) Sturm

L-R: Arlo, Mava, Beatrice, Ardyce, John

John & Beatrice were my Great-Grandparents, who sadly passed away many many years before I was born. They farmed in Martin County, Minnesota for many years, before moving into Fairmont in the 1940s.

They had 3 children: Mava (my Grandma), Arlo & Ardyce.
I'm not sure when or where this photo was taken, I don't recognize the side of the house-- and estimate it was taken around 1946, based on the appearance of my Grandmother & her siblings. 

Sadly, Beatrice would pass away in 1948, at only 46 years of age. John lived 20 more years, passing away in 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment